Normally held each year on the Saturday following the early May Bank Holiday and open to all schools in the region. There are 10 classes:
|1.||Year 5||Girls||TD1||1.5 km (approx)|
|3.||Year 6||Girls||TD1||2.0 km|
|5.||Years 7 & 8||Girls||TD2||2.5 km|
|7.||Years 9 & 10||Girls||TD3||3.5 km|
|9.||Years 11+||Girls||TD3||4.0 km|
Pairs are permitted on all courses and count for awards (if a pair contains two different age categories then they compete in the older age category; if a pair contains a boy and a girl then they compete in the Boys category in the age class of the oldest of the pair). A pair pays two entry fees, receive two maps and one control card or SI/EMIT unit. They must finish together.
Will be presented to the first 3 individuals or pairs on each course.
Certificates of participation will be awarded to every competitor.
Schools are only eligible for one of the three team awards based on what type of school they are:
- A Primary School is a school that has children from Reception (or later) to Year 6.
- A Middle/Prep School is a school that has children from Reception (or later) through to Year 8.
- A Secondary School is a school that has children from Year 7 onwards.
Scores are the sum of the finishing positions – the team with the lowest score wins.
- Primary Schools Trophy: best 4 individuals or pairs from classes for years 5 and 6.
- Middle/Prep Schools Trophy: best 4 individuals or pairs from classes for years 5 to 8.
- Secondary Schools Trophy: best 6 individuals or pairs from at least 3 classes for year 7 upwards.
Complete teams will be placed above incomplete teams. Incomplete teams will be placed in descending order of number of competitors. If there is a tie for a place, the winner will be the school which has the most 1st places (and then the most 2nd places etc. if necessary). If all the counting places are the same, then the result will be considered tied. A trophy will be awarded to the winning school in each category.
Certificates are presented to the second and third schools in each competition. Henry Morgan (contact details on this page) can supply a customised certificate. Alternatively, a word template with text boxes is available for customisation here and a word template with background image only is here.